Interested in becoming a contributor on Article Document? We’d love to display your work and show off your expertise! Take a look at our guest post process and requirements below. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Content That Article Document Will Accept
We are currently accepting articles in the following industries and formats. Check back for updates on what we accept. We’d love to hear your suggestions on additions to this list.
Important note: If your article submission does not fall under the industry or content type that you select in the application, we reserve the right to reject the article.
- Personal Finance
- Residential Real Estate
Business to Business
- B2B manufacturing
- B2C manufacturing
- Commercial Real Estate
- Human resources
- Loans and Debt
- Health and wellness
- Health Care
Sales and Marketing
- Digital marketing
- Social Media
- Website Development
- Arts and Humanities
- Food and drink
- Home and Garden
- Pets and Animals
- Real Estate
- Travel and Leisure
- Blog articles with valuable insights
- Thought leadership articles
- Eguides and Ebooks
- News commentaries
- Summaries of research finding
Please ensure that your article meets all of the following requirements. Any deviation from these instructions is grounds for automatic rejection. Your article should be polished and edited upon submission.
Goal: Provide value, insight and education to the audience while showcasing your expertise.
- Your submission must be unique and original. Your submitted article cannot currently be published or have already been published anywhere else.
- The article must be 1,000-1,500 words in length.
- Direct promotion is not allowed. You can include one backlink to your own website in your content in a natural way under the appropriate anchor text.
- You must support each assertion and statistic with a reputable linked source. Any claim that is not considered “general knowledge” in the industry must be sourced.
- Ensure your content has a purpose. Include actionable items, practical tips and/or useful knowledge.
- You can include images, charts and graphs if you want to, but only if they convey a point. All of them should be owned by you or licensed.
Article Document writing guidelines:
- Write for your audience’s knowledge level. If you are talking to an entry-level employee, explain high-level concepts. If you are talking to an expert executive, get right to the point and offer deep insights. For example, B2B audiences want to learn more for their personal growth and find relevant insights for company growth.
- Don’t waste readers’ time on fluffy language or unnecessary information.
- Tone: Can range from informal to professional.
- Engaging, knowledgeable, experienced, lively.
- Fun references to pop culture, witty metaphors and the like are encouraged, but don’t waste the reader’s time on fluff or irrelevant references.
- Writing style:
- Include a catchy hook in the intro to get reader’s attention.
- Achieve a readability level of 30-50. Think high school to college graduate reading level. Use this tool to help!
- Use AP Style.
- Conclude the article with a cohesive summary of 2-3 sentences.
- Formatting requirements:
- Include a sub-headline below the title.
- Include a subheading at least once every 300 words.
- Use sentence case capitalization for subheadings and title case for the title.
- Your chosen keyword phrase should appear:
- In your meta description.
- In your title.
- Once in the first paragraph.
- In at least one subheading.
- Once every 200 words.
- Insert hyperlinks directly in the text – no footnotes, resource lists or end-of-sentence citations.
- Example of end-of sentence citation: It is the hottest summer since 1970 (Smith, 2021).
- Pay attention to the publication dates of your sources. Unless used for historical reference, we will not accept articles with sources published before 2020.
Suggestions and Tips
Be sure that your article meets the above requirements. In addition, keep these suggestions in mind to create a stronger Article Document article:
- Utilize bullet points and bolded text to help organize ideas.
- Use 2nd person perspective (addressing the audience as “you”).
- Avoid repetition.
- Avoid sentences longer than 20 words.
- Favor active voice over passive voice.
- Write shorter paragraphs – no more than five sentences per paragraph.
- Proofread your article for flow and structure. This will help you identify gaps in explanations or areas to rearrange to fit a more logical order.
- Proofread your article for spelling and grammar errors.
Contribution Submission FormImportant: Before filling out this form, please make sure you’ve read the requirements and suggestions above. Remember that we only accept and publish unique, original content. Your submitted article cannot currently be published or have already been published anywhere else. Finally, remember that Article Document owns all approved submissions.
Instructions: Please fill out the form below to begin the process. Fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
Once you’ve submitted, please allow one week for Article Document to review your article. We will contact you if we have accepted your article. We reserve the right to reject any article if it’s not aligned with guidelines without further explanation.