Beer is wonderful by itself. Whether you prefer a light lager or a dark, chocolate-flavored stout, there is a beer out there for everyone. However, the days of beer being a solo artist are long gone.
Mixed drinks with beer as a component are making a huge splash in the trendy cocktail industry. Go into any hip new bar downtown, and the odds are you’ll see a house special with beer as an ingredient, sandwiched between the gin drinks and wine.
If you’ve never thought of beer as something that can be mixed with liquor, it can be difficult to know where to start. Well, keep reading for a rundown of some of the most delicious beer cocktails you can order today!
- The Black Velvet – Combining one part dark Irish stout with one part champagne, this is one drink that is as smooth as its name. Not for the faint of heart, the black velvet cocktail will combine high alcohol content with the richness of champagne for a drink that says you know what you want, and you have refined taste.
- The Ginger Island – This drink has it all: the sweet bite of rum and a drop of vanilla extract, the tart flavor of fresh lime juice and the slightly spicy taste of ginger beer. There is a lot going on in this drink, so it definitely isn’t for someone who prefers their drinks bland! If you’re looking for something adventurous, and you can handle the strength and flavor of this drink, go for it!
- The Captain’s Keg – Again, here’s a drink that mixes rum with beer. However, this drink uses light beer, grapefruit juice, and agave nectar for a glass that makes sipping a cocktail such a sweet way to spend your time. If you like your drinks on the girly side, this beautiful cocktail is the one for you!
- The Bitter Devil – As its name suggests, this cocktail is for someone who knows their way around a bar already. Combining bourbon with ginger beer and a slice of lime, this drink is best suited to someone who really wants to taste what they are drinking. If you crave strong, spicy flavors, you may have found a new favorite!
- The Light Apple – This drink, which is half beer and half hard apple cider, is rather light and refreshing. Good for when you want a cool drink without a lot of kick, the light apple is a good cocktail for a burger joint.
- Raspberry Beer Cocktail – This drink is just made for sipping on the beach. Mixing beer, vodka and frozen raspberry lemonade, it takes a childhood favorite (the lemonade, of course) and makes it all grown up. Once the temperature spikes, this drink will be your new go-to order.
With all of these options for beer cocktails, you’re bound to find one that appeals to you. If you like your drinks super hard, find a cocktail that replaces the traditional mixer with beer. A fan of cocktails on the lighter side? Find one that replaces most of the standard liquor with beer.
However your tastes run, you’ll soon find something you love.